Glazed Ham Loaf
|Ground cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Cups)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, grated (1 Cup)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to 1/2 cup|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen concentrated orange juice||2 Tablespoon (From A 6-Ounce Can)|
|For pineapple relish rings|
|Sliced pineapple||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mixed pickling spices||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a large bowl combine ham, carrots, bread crumbs, potato, eggs and parsley and toss lightly to mix.
3. In a small frying pan saute onion in butter or margarine just such that soft and stir in mustard, salt and pepper.
4. Add to ham mixture and mix lightly.
5. Into a 6-cup melon mold or loaf pan, 9x5x3, rinsed with cold water pack the mixture.
6. Then into a greased shallow baking pan turn out studding the top with whole cloves.
7. In a cup mix concentrated orange juice and honey and brush half over loaf.
8. Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes, then brush with remaining orange-honey mixture and bake 20 minutes longer such that richly glazed.
9. Into a small saucepan drain syrup from pineapple and stir in vinegar and spices.
10. In a small bowl, place pineapple and keep aside.
11. In the saucepan heat syrup to boiling and then simmer 5 minutes.
12. Strain over pineapple and chill.
13. Onto a heated serving platter lift ham loaf.
14. To serve, drain pineapple slices well, roll edges in chopped parsley and arrange around ham loaf on platter.