Glazed Ham Loaf
|Ground cooked ham||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Cups)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, grated (1 Cup)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to 1/2 cup|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen concentrated orange juice||2 Tablespoon (From A 6-Ounce Can)|
|For pineapple relish rings|
|Sliced pineapple||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mixed pickling spices||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a large bowl combine ham, carrots, bread crumbs, potato, eggs and parsley and toss lightly to mix.
3. In a small frying pan saute onion in butter or margarine just such that soft and stir in mustard, salt and pepper.
4. Add to ham mixture and mix lightly.
5. Into a 6-cup melon mold or loaf pan, 9x5x3, rinsed with cold water pack the mixture.
6. Then into a greased shallow baking pan turn out studding the top with whole cloves.
7. In a cup mix concentrated orange juice and honey and brush half over loaf.
8. Bake in hot oven for 20 minutes, then brush with remaining orange-honey mixture and bake 20 minutes longer such that richly glazed.
9. Into a small saucepan drain syrup from pineapple and stir in vinegar and spices.
10. In a small bowl, place pineapple and keep aside.
11. In the saucepan heat syrup to boiling and then simmer 5 minutes.
12. Strain over pineapple and chill.
13. Onto a heated serving platter lift ham loaf.
14. To serve, drain pineapple slices well, roll edges in chopped parsley and arrange around ham loaf on platter.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg45.3%
Sodium 397.3 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 31 g61.8%
Vitamin A 79.6% Vitamin C 70.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet