Elegant Chicken Loaf
|Ground chicken||1 Pound|
|Mushrooms||7 Ounce, ground|
|Toasted almonds||7 Ounce, ground|
|White sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained|
1. Grease bottom of a 9 1/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4-in. loaf pan.
2. Heat water for hot water bath.
3. Put chicken, muchrooms and toasted almonds through food chopper (using fine blade).
4. Set aside.
5. Prepare Medium White Sauce.
6. Vigorously stir about 3 tablespoons of hot sauce into egg yolks, slightly beaten.
7. Immediately return egg yolk mixture to sauce, stirring vigorously.
8. Stir into sauce the chicken, mushrooms, almonds and soft bread crumbs, chopped pimiento, and a mixture of salt, pepper and paprika.
9. Beat egg whites until rounded peaks are formed.
10 Spread beaten egg whites over chicken mixture and fold together.
11. Turn mixture into pan.
12. Bake in the hot water bath at 350°F about 1 hr. 10 min.
13. To unmold, loosen loaf gently from sides of pan with spatula. Invert onto warm serving plate and remove pan.
14. Serve at once with mushroom sauce and additional toasted almonds.