Family Favorite Meat Loaf
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ground sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
1) In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage and meat; mix well and shape into a 9x5"rectangle or oval, or about a 6" round loaf.
2) In a slow cooker, gently place the loaf; cook covered on LOW for about 5-6 hrs.
3) In a small bowl, blend the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg.
4) Pour the mixture over the meat in the cooker; cook covered on HIGH for about 15 min.
5) Slice the meat loaf and serve immediately or when desired on a nice dish.