Rolled Stuffed Meat Loaf
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Cream of mushroom soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted and divided (Two 10 3/4 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Set the oven at 350 degrees.
2) Mix together 1 1/2 cups of the stuffing mix with water, carrot and parsley
3) Stir the mixture well and set it aside.
4) Mix together half a cup of soup, beef, onion, egg, remaining half cup of stuffing mix and salt.
5) Take a 12- x 9-inch rectangular waxed sheet and spread the mixture on it.
6) Now, spread the reserved stuffing mixture on top of this spread leaving an inch of space along the margin.
7) Starting from the long end, roll the mixture along with the waxed paper in a jellyroll fashion.
8) Press the ends and edges and seal well.
9) Lightly grease a shallow bottomed baking dish.
10) With the seam side facing down, place the roll on the dish.
11) Bake for an hour or until completely cooked.
12) For the sauce, set aside 3 tablespoons of pan drippings from the baking dish, if there.
13) Make the sauce my mixing together in a saucepan the rest of the soup, reserved drippings (if any) and milk.
14) Cook the sauce on a low flame with occasional stirring until heated.
15) Before serving, allow the loaf to sit idle for 10 minutes.
16) Serve the meat loaf with sauce topping.