|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Passata||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Lean beef mince/Lean pork mince||18 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , halved, seeds scraped out|
1) Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) In a large frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add onion and carrot to sauté and soften for 10 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, scrape these and add breadcrumbs, 5 tbsp of the passata, Worcestershire sauce, egg, mince, half the thyme and some seasoning. Combine well.
4) Use 4 large ramekins or 6 muffin tins to brush with remaining oil.
5) Press the mince mixture into them and then top with remaining passata.
6) Place a tomato half on each and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper and remaining thyme.
7) Place inside the oven and bake for 50 minutes until cooked through.
8) Serve with Chive mash.
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 324
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 433.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 63 g126.3%
Vitamin A 125.5% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet