Pickled Meat Loaf
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned chopped mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Dill pickles||1 , quartered lengthwise|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
2. Grease a loaf tin with out or butter.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with all the other ingredients except the pickles.
4. Using your hand, mix well.
5. Turn half the meat mixture into the loaf tin
6. Arrange the dill pickles over the meat.
7. Then turn and press the remaining mince mixture over the pickles.
8. Bake in the preheated oven to 1 to 1 ¼ hours until the meat is cooked.
9. Remove tin from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
10. Invert the loaf onto a rack and slice.
11. Serve loaf with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
12. Accompany with your favorite red wine.