Glazed Ham Loaf
|Ground cooked ham||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, grated|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple relish rings||4|
1. Combine ham, carrots, bread crumbs, potato, eggs and parsley in a large bowl; toss lightly to mix.
2. Saute onion in butter or margarine just until soft in a small skillet; stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Add to ham mixture; mix lightly.
3. Pack into a 6-cup melon mold or a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, rinsed with cold water; turn out into a greased, shallow, baking pan; stud top with whole cloves.
4. Mix orange-juice concentrate and honey in a cup; brush half over loaf.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) 20 minutes; brush with the remaining orange-honey mixture. Bake for 20 minutes longer, or until the loaf is richly glazed.
6. Lift onto a heated serving platter; garnish with Pineapple Relish Rings.