Sweet And Pungent Ham Pork Loaf
|Uncooked ham||4 Pound, ground after removing fat|
|Fresh pork||4 Pound, ground|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Day old bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned cling peach halves||29 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Chutney sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
About 3 hours and 15 minutes before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
2. In large bowl or kettle, with hands, mix together ham, pork, beaten eggs, crumbs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pack into a 15 1/2-by-4 1/4-by-4 1/4-inch long angel loaf pan.
3. Bake loaf 1 hour; then pour off juices. Combine brown sugar with mustard; sprinkle over loaf. Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes longer; then remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes; pour off juice and unmold.
4. Meanwhile, make Chutney Sauce.
5. Transfer loaf, sugar side up, to platter; top with peaches, rounded side up. Serve sliced, passing Chutney Sauce. Leftovers are delicious cold.