Tasty Meat Loaf
|Streaky bacon rashers||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and finely chopped|
|Lambs liver||8 Ounce, washed (225 Gram)|
|Lean pork||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Sausage meat||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Brandy||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
1. Stretch the bacon with the hack of a knife and use it to line a 700 g (1 1/2 lb) ovenproof glass loaf dish.
2. Place the butter in a large ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted.
3. Add the onion and microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
4. Coarsely chop the liver and pork and add it to the onion mixture, togethet with the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
5. Spread the mixture into the loaf dish being careful not to disturb the bacon. Cover with greaseproof paper.
6. Place the dish in another dish containing enough cold water to come halfway up the sides of the loaf dish.
7. Microwave on HIGH for 25 minutes or until cooked, removing the greaseproof paper after 15 minutes and giving the dish a quarter turn three times during cooking.
8. When cooked, place a plate on top of the meat loaf and weight it down. Allow it to cool, then chill it overnight in the refrigerator.
9. Serve the meatloaf cut into slices with toast or crackers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2517 Calories from Fat 1583
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 176 g271.2%
Saturated Fat 61.9 g309.7%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 655.4 mg218.5%
Sodium 3162.7 mg131.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 193 g385.4%
Vitamin A 3704.8% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 211.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet