Best Meat Loaf Ever
|Beef stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Raw brown rice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Wheat germ||2 Teaspoon|
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Make filling by placing beef stock and brown rice in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
2. Saute onion and celery and add to rice mixture. Add parsley, wheat germ, 1 egg white, and sage. Set aside.
3. Make meat loaf by combining lean hamburger, 2 egg whites, milk, bread crumbs, wheat germ, oatmeal, chopped onions, and seasonings. Mix well.
4. Pat of the meat loaf mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Spread filling mixture evenly over the top. Cover with remaining meat loaf mixture. Then pour tomato sauce over the top and'spreacf evenly.
5. Bake at 350Â° for 50 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1238 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.3 mg44.1%
Sodium 1081 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.7%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 89 g177.8%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 68.7%
Calcium 118.4% Iron 317.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet