Thanksgiving dinner in every bite!
This awesome appetizer is great for a holiday party or a pre-Thanksigiving get together. Turkey, mashed potatoes and herbs come together for this tender and juicy delight. Then finish it off with the savory-sweet Cranberry-Orange Aioli dipping sauce!
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Idaho russet potatoes||1|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , minced (3|
|Fresh thyme||1/2 Teaspoon , finely chopped (or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme)|
|Fresh rosemary||1/2 Teaspoon , finely chopped (or 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary)|
|Fresh sage||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried sage)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon (room temperature)|
|Panko breadcrumbs/Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian parsley||1 Tablespoon , roughly chopped|
|For cranberry||orange aioli|
|Whole cranberry sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Stone ground mustard||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Pierce the potato several times with a fork and microwave for about 8 minutes until soft, but not mushy. Allow to cool to room temperature.
3. In a medium-sized bowl add in the turkey, shallot, garlic, herbs, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Slice the cooled potato in half lengthwise and spoon into a small bowl, discarding the skin.
5. Add in the butter and mash until soft and the butter is mixed throughout.
6. Add the mashed potato into the turkey mixture then add in about half of the bread crumbs. Gently combine the ingredients, but don’t over mix. If the mixture is too wet, add in a bit more breadcrumbs until it comes together and is sticky, but not too dry.
7. Form into golf ball-sized meatballs and place on a rack atop on prepared baking sheet.
8. Drizzle the meatballs with the olive oil and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160.
9. Recipe follows.
FOR CRANBERRY - ORANGE AIOLI
1. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. Cover and put in the fridge for about 20 minutes while the meatballs are cooking.
2. Garnish the meatballs with the parsley and serve hot or room temperature with the Cranberry-Orange Aioli.
Calories 450Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 595 mg24.79%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3600Calories from Fat 2208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g381.6%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4760 mg198.32%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 112 g224%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet