Polpette Con Mozzarella
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||750 Gram|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For meatball mix|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Italian bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella ball||8 Ounce (fresh mini balls)|
|Salt and pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Place a pot on medium low flame and heat olive oil in it.
2. Drop onion and garlic, stir and let it sweat until soft and translucent.
3. Add oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, wine, and tomato puree.
4. Season with sea salt and pepper. Give it a good stir. Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, for meatballs, in a large mixing bowl, combine beef, pork, fresh oregano, egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix well.
6. Take a small scoop of meat mixture and place mozzarella ball in the center. Mold and cover the mozzarella ball with meat. Set it aside and repeat the process.
7. Drop meatballs in sauce and continue to simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
8. Garnish with cheese and serve meatballs hot with hoagie rolls or polenta.
Drizzle olive oil on hoagie roll and toast it before serving.
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.3%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.1 mg38.7%
Sodium 734.9 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 37 g73.7%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet