Healthy Honey Garlic Meatballs - Gluten Free
|Low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or cream)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground turkey||1 Pound (93% lean)|
|Tortilla chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|Non stick cooking spray||2 Dash|
|For the sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Tablespoon (light)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (gluten free)|
|Cayenne pepper/Hot sauce||To Taste|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line the baking tray with foil and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add the egg, milk, onion, kosher salt, ground turkey and crushed tortilla chips.
4. With clean hands, mix these ingredients well till combined.
5. Make ball of 1 or 1 ½ inch size and place on the lined baking tray sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or till the meatball are cooked through.
7. In the meanwhile, in a pan, melt butter.
8. Put garlic, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar. Stir and mix well.
9. Simmer for another 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
10. Take the meatball out of the oven. Roll them in the honey garlic sauce in batches as required.
11. In a serving plate, serve the meatballs as it is or as a main dish with choice of salad or rice.
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 147.1 mg49%
Sodium 1413.8 mg58.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet