|Ground beef||500 Gram|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), grated|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, freshly grated (or ground)|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Bouillon cubes||1 Medium|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Paprika powder||To Taste (Optional)|
1. In a large bowl, take the ground beef.
2. Season it with ginger, garlic, ground chilli, bouillon cube, thyme leaves and onion.
3. Add white pepper and salt and mix it well till all ingredients are well combined.
4. Pour oil and mix again. Add flour and resume mixing till it forms a dough like consistency.
5. Grease clean hands with oil and take small portions of the meatball mix and roll them into small balls.
6. In a deep frying pan, heat oil and deep fry the meatballs till golden brown. Fry them in batches, do not overcrowd the pan.
7. Transfer them on a paper towel to drain off excess oil and set aside.
8. SAUCE: In the pan, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and ginger.
9. Add paprika and black pepper. Saute and cook till the onions are translucent.
10. Put tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Mix well. Add the salt to taste and mix them well.
11. Bring to boil and reduce the heat. Put the meatballs and simmer for a few more minutes till the meatballs are fully coated with the sauce.
12. In a serving plate, serve the meatballs hot with bread, rice or couscous or spaghetti.