|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium bowl take flour, salt and yeast. Mix with lukewarm water. And make dough with hands. Knead the dough for 15 minutes.
2. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with cloth. Let it rise for 15 minutes.
3. In a bowl place the ground beef and add in the egg. Mix together with fork.
4. Add in the soy sauce, onion, chives, parsley, black pepper, sugar and garlic. Mix all the ingredients well. Set aside.
5. Take out the dough from the bowl and knead. Divide the dough into small balls.
6. Roll the dough with rolling pins into 3 inch circle.
7. Fill the rolled dough with beef filling. And seal the edges by pinching counter clock wise. Hold the centre, twist it and press down at the centre.
8. In a saucepan add in the oil and baozi. Pour in the water and cover the saucepan cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
9. Serve the Fried Baozi with honey – garlic dip and enjoy!
Calories 487 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.5%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.9 mg31%
Sodium 199.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet