Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson shares how to make a traditional Italian meatball that anyone can do.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Pecorino romano cheese
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
Flat leaf italian parsley
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely
2 Teaspoon, minced
Salt and pepper
1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
Panko bread crumbs
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ground lean beef
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Line bottom of a baking try with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, place together, water, eggs, seasoning, cheese, fresh chopped parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and ground beef.
4. Using both your hands mix the mixture well together, until all the ingredients get well incorporated.
5. With wet hands shape the meat mixture into even size balls.
6. Arrange the meatball on a baking tray leaving half-inch space between each other.
7. Place the tray in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve the meatballs with your desired dip, or simmer in red sauce or just sandwich it between two slices of bread.