Barry was kindly asked by Jamie Oliver's team to try recipes from his new 15 Minute Meals Book - this recipe attempt looks at Lamb Meatballs with a chopped salad and Harissa Yoghurt.
For lamb meatballs
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 , wedged
1 Can (10 oz)
3 Clove (15 gm)
1 Medium, chopped finely
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
2 , chopped finely
For chopped salad
For harissa yoghurt
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Soak the saffron in warm water. Let sit for some time
2. For making meat balls, in a bowl, combine lamb meat with salt, pepper, and garam masala, Mix well then make walnut size meat balls with your hands.
3. Heat a saute pan on medium high flame.
4. Now, arrange the meatballs in the pan. Let them cook until evenly browned. Stir occasionally. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
5. Chop chilli, spring onion and coriander. Add to a saucepan. Squeeze the garlic and add. Saute a few seconds.
6. Pour in the passatta and bring to a boil. Add soaked saffron with water.
7. Add chickpeas to the sauce and stir for a while.
8. Add this chickpea sauce to the browned meatballs when they are cooked.
9. To make the harissa yogurt, just combine the harissa masala and the yogurt and whisk well.
10. For salad, chop all the vegetables. And season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well.
11. Pop tortilla wraps into a warm oven for 4-5 minutes until warmed.
12. Spoon the meatballs with chickpeas over warm tortillas and serve with salad and harissa yoghurt. Garnish with coriander and orange wedges if you like.