Jamie's 15 Minute Meals "Lamb Meatballs"
|For lamb meatballs|
|Ground lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , wedged|
|Chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cracked pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chili||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Spring onions||2 , chopped finely|
|For chopped salad|
|For harissa yoghurt|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Soak the saffron in warm water. Let sit for some time
2. For making meat balls, in a bowl, combine lamb meat with salt, pepper, and garam masala, Mix well then make walnut size meat balls with your hands.
3. Heat a saute pan on medium high flame.
4. Now, arrange the meatballs in the pan. Let them cook until evenly browned. Stir occasionally. This will take about 8-10 minutes.
5. Chop chilli, spring onion and coriander. Add to a saucepan. Squeeze the garlic and add. Saute a few seconds.
6. Pour in the passatta and bring to a boil. Add soaked saffron with water.
7. Add chickpeas to the sauce and stir for a while.
8. Add this chickpea sauce to the browned meatballs when they are cooked.
9. To make the harissa yogurt, just combine the harissa masala and the yogurt and whisk well.
10. For salad, chop all the vegetables. And season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well.
11. Pop tortilla wraps into a warm oven for 4-5 minutes until warmed.
12. Spoon the meatballs with chickpeas over warm tortillas and serve with salad and harissa yoghurt. Garnish with coriander and orange wedges if you like.
Calories 734 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.2 mg31.4%
Sodium 705.5 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 40 g79.9%
Vitamin A 93.1% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 50.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet