Meatballs In Sunday Gravy : Part 2
|Pork sirloin||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Jersey tomato||1 Can (10 oz)|
|California tomato||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Italian tomato||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Organic salt free white wine||1 Dash|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Dash|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Oaxaca cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Single cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spice mix||1 Tablespoon (Johnny Meatballs Spice mix)|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly chopped|
1. In a pan, heat butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Add onions and let it turn brown.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and let the onions caramalize
4. In another pan, heat 3/4 cup of olive oil.
5. Add the Sausage, Pork Chop and braciole into the pan and cook for about 7-8 minutes and remove and keep aside.
6. Add the Stewed tomatoes, Jersey tomato, California tomato and Italian tomato into the sausage pan and cook.
7. Add tablespoon of garlic, cheese, balsamic and wine and mix and keep on low heat.
8. Add the Braciole and pork chops back into the tomato sauce and mix.
9. In a bowl, add the beef, pork and veal mix, eggs, caramalized onions, garlic and tomato paste.
10. Add parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, cream, extra virgin olive oil and Johnny's spice mix and mix it all together.
11. Roll the meat mix into balls.
12. Heat a pan with 4 tablespoons of oil.
13. Add the meatballs to the pan and cook both sides for about 12 minutes.
14. Add the meatballs into the tomato sauce and stir.
15. Add the fresh basil and stir.
16. Leave the pot on the stove on low heat for 2 hours.
17. Ladle the meat balls with gravy into bowls, garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with bread. You can also make a meatball sandwich and serve.
Note- This is the second part in this video series. To watch Part 1, please visit: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/how-make-meatballs-in-sunday-gravy-with-johnny-meatballs-decarlo-part-1