Meatballs In Tomato Sauce
|Ground meat||1 Pound|
|Herbed breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||5 , slice|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||4 , chop|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red wine||4 Tablespoon (Preferably red wine)|
|Spaghetti||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
1. In a bowl, add the ground meat, egg, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs and mix well with hands.
2. Next, roll the meat into balls of same size. Don't over-roll the meatballs else it'll lose it's moisture.
3. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the meat balls into the pan to brown for 5-8 minutes.
4. For the tomato sauce: In another pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add sliced garlic and stir.
5. Add tomatoes into the pan and stir.
6. Add tomato paste, water and wine.
7. Next, add basil and a dash of pepper and salt and stir and put the lid on for 4-5 minutes.
8. Next, add the meatballs and the olive oil from that pan into the tomato sauce and bring to boil.
9. Simmer for 20 minutes and turn off the stove. Let sit for another 20 minutes.
10. Plate the pasta and add the meatballs in tomato sauce over and garnish with basil or cheese.
11. Serve hot as a main dish.
Calories 750 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.9 mg31%
Sodium 1877.3 mg78.2%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 40 g79.6%
Vitamin A 41.8% Vitamin C 49.2%
Calcium 16.7% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet