Italian Meatballs and Gravy
|Italian sausage||16 Medium ((12 - sweet, 4 - hot))|
|Pork spare rib||1 Medium|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated romano||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned tomato gravy||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. In a pan, pour olive oil and brown the sausages and the rack of pork spare ribs.
2. In a mixing bowl, empty the ground meat, parsley, onions and garlic.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix in the bread crumbs with the milk and set aside.
5. Crack open the eggs in the mixing bowl and add the red chili flakes and cheese.
6. Add the bread crumbs soaked in milk.
7. Using hands, mix and knead the meat mixture together.
8. Shape into small balls.
9. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and lightly pan fry the meatballs.
10.Add the sausages and the meat from the pork spare rib into the seasoned tomato sauce.
11.Put the meat balls in it.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Calories 733 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.8%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 232.6 mg77.5%
Sodium 2239 mg93.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 23% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet