While spring is here, March can still be a chilly month and a hearty meal is always welcome. Chef John Maxwell has a tasty recipe for fresh spring spinach and meatballs to tease your tastebuds.
For the meatballs
1 Clove (5 gm), mince
3 Tablespoon, mince
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Salt and pepper
For the coating
1 Cup (16 tbs) (seasoned with salt and pepper)
For the sauce
All purpose flour
3 Ounce, crumbled
6 Ounce, chop
For the garnish
2 Tablespoon, chop
1. Mince and chop the onions and garlic, set aside.
2. Chop the parsley and spinach, set aside.
3. In a bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, garlic, onions, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
4. Make small meatballs out of the mixture and place it in a plate.
5. In a pan heat the olive oil.
6. Coat the meatballs with flour mixture and fry in the oil until browned and cooked.
7. In the meantime in another pan pour vegetable oil and add the flour and whisk until the roux is cooked.
8. Add pepper and milk whisk continuously, bring it to a boil and let it thicken.
9. Crumble gorgonzola cheese into the sauce and add a little more milk if needed.
10. Add spinach and season with salt and mix well.
11. Once the meatballs are done place it on a serving plate.
12. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and garnish with parsley.
13. Serve the meatballs with spinach and gorgonzola sauce hot.