|For the meatballs|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Onions||3 Tablespoon, mince|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the coating|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (seasoned with salt and pepper)|
|For the sauce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||2 Ounce|
|Gorgonzola cheese||3 Ounce, crumbled|
|Frozen spinach||6 Ounce, chop|
|For the garnish|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
1. Mince and chop the onions and garlic, set aside.
2. Chop the parsley and spinach, set aside.
3. In a bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, garlic, onions, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
4. Make small meatballs out of the mixture and place it in a plate.
5. In a pan heat the olive oil.
6. Coat the meatballs with flour mixture and fry in the oil until browned and cooked.
7. In the meantime in another pan pour vegetable oil and add the flour and whisk until the roux is cooked.
8. Add pepper and milk whisk continuously, bring it to a boil and let it thicken.
9. Crumble gorgonzola cheese into the sauce and add a little more milk if needed.
10. Add spinach and season with salt and mix well.
11. Once the meatballs are done place it on a serving plate.
12. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and garnish with parsley.
13. Serve the meatballs with spinach and gorgonzola sauce hot.
Calories 1206 Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g139%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.5 mg79.2%
Sodium 767.6 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 54 g108.4%
Vitamin A 118.7% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 30.8% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet