Swedish Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely diced|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Button mushrooms||12 , sliced|
|Low sodium beef stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Savory garlic cooking cream||10 Ounce|
|Dry dill||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix first 8 ingredients together and using a spoon, form into uniform meatballs.
3. Brown the meatballs on all sides over medium high heat in a non stick skillet that has been treated with cooking spray.
4. Remove meatballs to a shallow casserole dish or lasagna pan that has been treated with cooking spray.
5. In the same pan you browned the meatballs in, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat and sauté the mushrooms until they are golden brown and have released their water.
6. Deglaze the pan with beef stock and let reduce by half.
7. Add the Cooking Crème, dill, and paprika and pour over the meatballs in the casserole.
8. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
9. Serve over egg noodles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3237 Calories from Fat 1749
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g298.7%
Saturated Fat 60.6 g302.8%
Trans Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 993 mg331%
Sodium 2027.8 mg84.5%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.8%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 261 g522.1%
Vitamin A 57% Vitamin C 58.2%
Calcium 49.8% Iron 171.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet