Steamed Beef Meatballs
|Minced beef||12 Ounce (350 Grams)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. In a blender or food processor put the beef and mix for a few seconds.
2. Now add the cold water and egg whites slowly and mix them for a few more seconds until they are fully incorporated into the meat.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients and mix for about a minute until the meat mixture resembles a light paste.
4. With your hands, make 1 1/2 inch (3-5cm) balls with the mince (about the size of a golf ball, around 10 balls can be made).
5. Arrange the meatballs on a plate and put it into a steamer, (Alternatively put a rack into a wok or deep pan filled with simmering hot water) cover, and steam the meat balls gently for about 20 minutes.
6. Discard all the liquid accumulated on the plate.
7. Serve hot with your favorite sauce or fried rice.
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 105.5 mg35.2%
Sodium 1209.3 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet