Meatball and Mozzarella Pizza
|For pizza crust|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Self-raising flour||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Steak||1 Pound, finely minced (500 Grams)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, grated (250 Grams)|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Pizza crust : In a bowl, sift the flours, salt, mustard and cayenne together.
3) Rub in the butter or margarine, until the mixture is crumbly.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
5) Stir into the flour mixture and mix to form a rather firm dough.
6) Knead the dough on a floured board until smooth on the outer surface.
7) Roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick, line and press the dough into the pizza plate.
8) Tomato Sauce : In a medium-sized saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until the onion is golden.
9) Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, salt, oregano, sugar, basil and pepper.
10) Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered over a low heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11) Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool.
12) Filling : In a bowl, combine the minced steak, breadcrumbs, onion, beaten egg, salt, pepper and oregano together, mix thoroughly.
13) Shape the mixture into 1 inch meat balls and slightly flatten them.
14) In a skillet, fry the meatballs for 2 minutes in heated oil until evenly browned on all sides; drain thoroughly.
15) Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza shell, cover with the meatballs and sprinkle with the grated Mozzarella cheese.
16) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is cooked and the cheese melted and lightly browned.
17) Slice the Meatball and Mozzarella Pizza into wedges and serve piping hot.