Meatballs with Pesto Mash
|Lean beef mince||14 Ounce (400 Grams)|
|Basil||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), most leaves roughly chopped, reserve few whole to serve (Small Bunch)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Passata with onions and garlic|
|Potatoes||36 Ounce, peeled and cut into small chunks (1 Kilogram / 2 Pound And 4 Ounce)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Basil pesto||2 Tablespoon (Fresh Ones)|
1) In a bowl, combine the beef mince, 1/2 the chopped basil, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning together.
2) Mix thoroughly and shape the beef mixture into 16 meatballs.
3) In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil and fry the meatballs, turning for 5 minutes, until browned.
4) Stir in the passata and remaining chopped basil.
5) Simmer over a low heat for 10 mins, until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
6) Boil potatoes for 10-15 mins until tender; drain thoroughly.
7) Return the potatoes into the saucepan over a low heat and mash well.
8) Stir in the milk, then marble through the basil pesto.
9) Mound the potato mash on 4 plates, spoon over the meatballs, then sprinkle with the reserved basil and serve the Meatballs with Pesto Mash immediately.