Sweet 'N Sour Meatballs
|Beefy onion soup mix||1 Ounce (Lipton, 1 Envelope)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||20 Ounce, drained, reserve juice (1 Can)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut in to chunks|
1. In a medium sized bowl, place the beefy onion soup mix, ground beef, bread crumbs and egg and combine well to make a dough-like mixture. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and brown the meatballs. Remove the meatballs to a serving dish and keep warm
3. In another skillet, add the sugar, the cornstarch mixed with reserved juice, vinegar and water and mix well. Add the pineapple and green peppers and cook till done.
4. Bring this mixture to the boil and simmer while stirring constantly till the sauce is thick. This will take 5 minutes.
5. Serve the sauce over hot meatballs.