Pork Meatballs Hongroise
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Lean pork belly||1 Pound, minced (450 gram)|
|Freshly chopped parsley||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for coating)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can, 400 gram)|
|Paprika||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1. In a pan, melt the butter and fry onion gently until soft.
2. Combine with the remaining ingredients, except the flour, remaining butter and oil.
3. Divide the mixture into 12 portions and with lightly floured hands shape into balls.
4. In a pan, heat the butter and oil add the meatballs, fry until brown and drain on paper towels.
5. To the pan add the onion and cook until soft.
6. Stir in the paprika, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bring to the boil, return the meatballs to the pan, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the meatballs from the pan.
9. In a blender or mouli-legumes or rub through a sieve (strainer) puree the sauce.
10. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool the meatballs, pour over the sauce and pour into a rigid container. Seal, label and freeze.
11. To serve the frozen dish, reheat gently on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.