Near East Meatballs
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Condensed onion soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, milk and salt. Mix the ingredients together well.
2) Make 18 meatballs out of the mixture.
3) In a skillet, heat the shortening. Add in the meatballs along with the sliced mushrooms. Saute till well browned.
4) Add in the condensed onion soup and water. Let the mixture come to a boil.
5) Add in the rice. Cook covered on simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice becomes tender.
6) Keep stirring occasionally.
7) Serve the Near East Meatballs, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg17.9%
Sodium 501.9 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet