|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of tomato soup||10 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell's Brand)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, horseradish and mustard.
2. Tip the bowl and mix thoroughly but lightly with a fork.
Dampen your palms and shape the mixture into 16 equal size meatballs.
3. Heat the shortening in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the meatballs and sautÃ© them until they are well browned on all sides.
5. Spoon off the fat that is rendered.
6. Pour the soup and water over the meatballs and bring the liquid to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer the meatballs in the soup mixture for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked. Stir occasionally.
8. Serve the meatballs over pasta or rice.