Braised Meat Balls
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Water chestnuts||8 , sliced|
|Beef broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a large bowl, mix together pork, beef, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
2) Shape into walnut size balls and roll in cornstarch.
3) In a skillet, heat oil and evenly brown the meatballs in it.
4) Add the garlic, mushrooms and water chestnuts.
5) Simmer for 3 minutes.
6) Stir in the broth and ginger in the meatball mixture.
7) Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
8) Add scallions and cook for 5 minutes more.
9) Serve Braised Meatballs in a deep bowl plate with steamed rice.