|Raw beef||1 Pound, minced|
|Sausage meat||4 Ounce|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), browned|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a bowl mix the beef and sausage meat, adding the onions, grated or finely chopped, lemon rind and parsley.
2. Prepare the bread slices by removing crust, then soaking in milk and mashing to a paste with a fork.
3. In a bowl add meat, bread, egg, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Let it remain in a cold place for 2-3 hours and then with floured hands form into balls.
5. In a bowl of beaten egg dip the balls and toss in breadcrumbs.
6. In a pan of hot deep fat fry the balls until golden brown.
7. Then drain well on paper towels and serve.