Meat Balls In Gravy
|Minced beef||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|White bread slice||2|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required To Dredge)|
|Stock||3⁄4 Pint (41/2 Deciliter)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Trim the crust from the bread slices.
2. In a small bowl, soak bread in milk for a few minutes.
3. Squeeze excess moisture.
4. In a large basin, combine minced beef onion seasoning, soaked bread and egg.
5. Mix thoroughly, preferably with the hands, until well blended.
6. Divide and roll the mixture twelve small meat balls, using oil greased hands.
7. Preheat the oven to 300Â°F (150Â°C or Gas No. 2)
8. In a large frying pan, melt the butter.
9. Coat meat balls lightly with seasoned flour and add to the hot fat.
10. Fry sautÃ©ing by shaking the pan, until evenly browned.
11. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meatballs to a casserole.
12. Drain excess fat and deglaze pan with stock
13. Stir in tomato puree and heat to boiling point.
14. Pour over the meat balls.
15. Cover the casserole and transfer to the oven.
16. Cook for 1 hour.
17. Just before serving, blend the cornflour with a little water to make a smooth paste.
18. Place the casserole over direct heat and stir in cornflour.
19. Heat on low flame, stirring lightly.
20. Adjust seasoning and add the vinegar if required.
21. Dish out and garnish with parsley.
22. Serve with rice or noodles.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 155.3 mg51.8%
Sodium 396.5 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 29 g57.7%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet