Mother Ertelt's Meatballs
|For the meatballs|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion soup mix envelope||1|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Pitted ripe olives/Stuffed green olives / cocktail onions / pineapple tidbits / combination||4 , pitted|
|For the sauce|
|Chili sauce||12 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Grape jelly||18 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F before baking.
2) Mix together beef, egg, soup mix, water and Worcestershire sauce.
3) Form balls by covering each olive, cocktail onion and pineapple tidbit with about 1 tablespoon of meat mixture.
4) In a shallow baking dish, place meatballs and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven.
5) Mix together the sauce ingredients and then spoon this over meatballs.
6) Place the meatballs back to oven to cook for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
7) Serve the balls at once from a chafing dish or slow cooker using wooden picks.