1) In a large bowl, combine ham, egg, breadcrumbs, and shape into 12 large balls.
2) Heat oil and brown the balls.
3) Remove and drain on paper towels.
4) Drain syrup from pineapple and mix brown sugar, soy sauce, water.
5) Stir the mixture in the pan drippings, place ham balls in the sauce, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Blend cornstarch with vinegar to make a smooth paste and add in the pan.
7) Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
8) Stir in pineapples and pepper and cook until bubbly.