Sauerbraten Meat Balls
|Lean ground round||1 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Soft Coarse)|
|Coarse soft bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||7 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon cubes||3|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gingersnap crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a bowl mix meat, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, the 2 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of the lemon juice well and form into 1-inch balls.
2. In a skillet, heat margarine brown meat balls and remove from pan.
3. To the drippings in the pan, add 2 1/2 cups of water and the rest of the lemon juice.
4. Let it boil, stir in the beef bouillon cubes, sugar and gingersnap crumbs.
5. To the sauce add the meat balls and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
6. Stir, cook uncovered 5 minutes longer and serve as desired.