Party Meat Balls
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Canned deviled ham||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz) (2/3 cup or 1 small can)|
|Grated onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft whole-wheat bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 slices)|
|Soft whole wheat bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For creamy dill sauce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl and mix together ground beef, veal, deviled ham, evaporated milk, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, and seasonings in it with a fork.
2) Figure the mixture into about 72 small balls.
3) In a large frying pan, heat vegetable shortening and brown the meat balls in it, a few at a time.
4) Remove any fat from pan and place back the meat balls.
5) Pour in water and simmer, covered for 20 minutes until cooked well.
6) Transfer the balls into a chafing dish or keep-hot server.
7) For the Creamy Dill Sauce, take a small saucepan; melt butter or margarine in it and then mix in flour and salt.
8) Stir cook until mixture just bubbles.
9) Gradually pour in water and again boil for 1 minute until sauce thickens
10) Add in sour cream, catsup, and dill weed, mixing well and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
11) Pour Creamy Dill Sauce over meat balls.