Turkey Meatballs In A Pasta Crown
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finley chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried parsley||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spaghetti sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Thin spaghetti||8 Ounce|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Use a medium bowl, to combine turkey, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
2) Combine the mixture to prepare 12 meatballs.
3) Follow the package instruction to prepare spaghetti. Drain and set aside.
4) Use a large skillet to heat over medium-high heat.
5) Sauté the meatballs in hot oil.
6) Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in centers.
7) Place a large saucepan over low heat to warm spaghetti sauce.
8) Add the cooked spaghetti and stir in remaining parsley, Italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese.
9) Use lightly greased 7-cup ring mold to arrange the meatballs at the bottom.
10) Fill with spaghetti and press the spaghetti firmly to cover the meatballs.
11) Let it stand for couple of minutes before inverting on to large platter.
12) Spoon spaghetti sauce into center of pasta crown before serving.
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 1494.6 mg62.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 40 g79.9%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 81.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet