Vegan Meatball Sandwich
|Firm tofu||12 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Liquid protein concentrate||2 Tablespoon (Bragg'S Liquid Aminos)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped fine|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gluten flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Veggie meatball||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Recipe)|
|Spaghetti sauce||12 Ounce (1 Jar Vegan)|
|Whole wheat buns||8 (Sub Ones)|
|Soy cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1. Take a large bowl to mash the tofu with the help of a potato-masher or fork.
2. Put all the ingredients into the tofu including oats, whole wheat bread crumbs, gluten flour and all the seasonings. Mix this thouroughly.
3. Add water to the mix to build up the moisture. When the mix turns to be sticky, make out small balls out of it with the help of your both palms.
4. Put the balls over a sprayed cookie sheet and place the cookie sheet within the oven for 20 minutes. Occasionally turn the balls inside the oven to make all the sides equally brown.
Italian Meatball Sandwich:
1. Cut the veggie metballs in 3 or 2 pieces and then put them inside the spagheti sauce in a large bowl. Cover the meatballs with the sauce.
2. Serve 4-5 saucy meatballs over each sub bun. However, this might change depending on the size of meatballs. Add extra spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
3. Sprinkle grated soy cheese over the meatballs. Put the buns inside the oven until the bread is toasted.
4. Take it out from the oven. Close the sandwiches and serve.
Calories 1850 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.7%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.13 mg0.04%
Sodium 3061.1 mg127.5%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.2%
Dietary Fiber 32 g127.8%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 111 g221.2%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 88.2% Iron 126.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet