Meat Balls Del Vino
|Day old bread slice||2|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Grated onion||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef bouillon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry red table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cut bread in tiny cubes. Moisten with water.
2. Combine beef, eggs, onion, salt and pepper. Add soaked bread and blend mixture lightly but thoroughly.
3. Form mixture into 48 small meat balls.
4. Melt fat in skillet over medium heat.
5. Brown meat balls on all sides in hot fat.
6. Remove meat balls from skillet and pour off excess drippings.
7. Melt butter in skillet. Blend in flour and mustard.
8. Remove skillet from heat and stir in bouillon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened.
9. Return meat balls to sauce.
10. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat 15 minutes.
11. Just before serving, stir in wine.