Curried Meat Balls
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seed||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomato puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||375 Milliliter (11/2 Cup)|
|Ground beef/Veal||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Fluffy rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Brown the onion in the oil in a heavy frying pan.
2. Mix the curry, coriander, cumin seed, ginger, mustard, cloves, mace, garlic in 1/4 cup water to make a thin paste. Add to the onion and cook until brown. Do not burn.
3. Add the tomato puree and water and mix until smooth. Season to taste.
4. Crumble the bread in a little water. Squeeze out and mix the minced beef or veal. Season and make into 24 meat balls. Brown these in a little oil and add to the sauce.
5. Cover the pan and simmer for 1 hour. Serve with boiled rice, mixed with currants, coconut and lemon peel.