Meat Ball Chowder
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Water||6 1⁄4 Cup (100 tbs)|
|Bottled steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion soup mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , pared and grated|
1. Mix ground beef lightly with parsley, salt, 1/4 cup of the water, and steak sauce; shape into 36 balls.
2. Brown, half at a time, in butter or margarine in a large saucepan; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Pour off all drippings.
3. Heat remaining 6 cups water to boil in same pan; stir in soup mix, celery, and rice; cover.
4. Simmer 15 minutes; stir in carrot and meat balls. Cook for 5 minutes long, or until rice is tender.
5. Ladle into soup bowls; garnish with chopped parsley, if you wish.