|Fine dry breadcrumbs||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup, Packaged)|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup, Coriander)|
|Queso fresco||3 1⁄2 Ounce (9 Cubes, Of 3/4 Inch /100 Gram)|
|Pimiento stuffed green olives||9 (Whole)|
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Finely chopped onion||250 Milliliter (1 Cup, White Colored)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained, coarsely chopped (1 Can / 450 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Beef broth||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce||4 , finely chopped|
|Sliced pimiento stuffed olives||4|
1. Beat eggs with salt in large bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs; let stand 5 minutes. Add beef, pork and coriander; mix lightly but thoroughly.
2. Divide meat mixture into 18 even portions. Shape 1 portion into flat patty; top with 1 cheese cube. Press meat firmly around cheese to enclose completely and form ball. Repeat procedure, stuffing 1/2 of meat portions with cheese and 1/2 with whole olives.
3. Heat lard in deep 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Fry 1/2 of meat balls at a time, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes; remove to plate.
4. Remove and discard all but 3 tablespoons (45 mL) drippings from skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, stock and chilies; heat to boiling.
5. Return meatballs to skillet; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through, about 45 minutes. Remove meatballs to serving dish with slotted spoon; keep warm.
6. Transfer tomato mixture to blender container; process until smooth. Return mixture to skillet; heat over high heat to boiling. Pour sauce over and around meatballs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3149 Calories from Fat 1687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g289.3%
Saturated Fat 68.8 g344.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1057.3 mg352.4%
Sodium 9375.9 mg390.7%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 231 g462.8%
Vitamin A 161.4% Vitamin C 121.9%
Calcium 105.2% Iron 121.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet