How To make Turkey Meatballs & Spinach Soup
|For the meatballs|
|Ground turkey meat/Chicken/beef/lamb||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Dry onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian herbal paste||2 Tablespoon|
|To coat the meatballs|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (2 bread slices used)|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
|For the spinach soup|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), cleaned, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, diced|
|Green onions||2 Medium, diced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Vegetable broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|To garnish the soup|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
3. Moisten your palms with a little oil and make 30 walnut size balls. Roll them in your palm and coat them with the breadcrumbs and egg.
4. Arrange the meatballs in a greased baking dish, bake them at 375 F for 40 - 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, to prepare the spinach soup, heat up a large saucepan with olive oil, saute onions, carrots, green onions and tomato for 2 minutes.
6. Add the vegetable broth, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat.
7. Ladle the soup into a small bowl, garnish with cilantro and parsley and serve with the prepared turkey balls or with some tortilla chips or croutons.
2. Non-Stick cooking spray - to grease the baking dish
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 158.5 mg52.8%
Sodium 1147.5 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 165.2% Vitamin C 47.8%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet