|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1⁄4 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
1. Combine ground meats in a large mixing bowl. (Meats should be ground twice with a medium blade.)
2. In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter and saute the onions and garlic until they start turning brown and transparent
3. Let the onions and garlic cool for a few moments, then add to the meat.
4. Now add the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, and seasonings.
5. Mix all ingredients thoroughly in the bowl. The easiest way is with your hands.
6. Rinse hands in cold water and begin forming small balls
7. Heat the remaining butter in a skillet and saute the meatballs until a slight crust begins to form on the balls and the insides are done.
8. Remove, pat dry, and serve with a horseradish cocktail sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2196 Calories from Fat 1433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.4%
Saturated Fat 69 g345%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 993.4 mg331.1%
Sodium 1262.3 mg52.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 139 g278.2%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet