Satan's Hairy (Meat) Balls! Halloween Recipe
|Ground pork/Turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red chiles||2 , minced|
|Green onions||2 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bean thread noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), broken into ½" lengths (vermicelli)|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Ketchup||2 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Sriracha||2 Teaspoon (optional)|
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, chile, green onion, garlic, cornstarch, paprika, salt and mix well.
- Shape into balls (2-3 teaspoons of meat each) and roll each ball into broken vermicelli to coat well.
- Refrigerate the balls for up to 8 hours.
- Heat oil in a pot up to 360-375°F and fry meatballs in batches.
- Fry until the balls are cooked.
- Serve on toothpicks with sauce and enjoy!
Vermicelli will stay crisp for about 2 hours at room temperature.
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.9 mg3.6%
Sodium 134.8 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.85%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet