When my family and I visited Lake Tahoe one Christmas holiday season we had the most delicious Indian pita sandwich. The yummy Indian spiced-flavored meat was fantastic, and I had the idea to recreate that taste adding in some twists of my own.
1 37⁄100 Pound (organic)
Unseasoned panko breadcrumbs
1 Cup (16 tbs) (organic)
3 , diced
1⁄2 , diced
Red chili pepper flakes
Italian seasoning blend
Himalayan sea salt
For the salad
Diced red onion
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
2 , diced
2 , diced
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Roll balls of the turkey meat mixture in the palm of your hand.
3. Place the meatballs in a non-stick skillet on the stovetop. Cook at low heat until meat is cooked through.
4. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the salad.
5. Add all ingredients in a bowl.
6. Toss mix with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
7. Cut pitas in half and warm in the oven.
8. Spread hummus all around the inside of the pitas.
9. Cut meatballs (meatballs should be warm) in half and place inside the pitas.