Lentil and Mushroom "Meat"balls with Arugula/Lemon Sauce
|For lentil and mushroom meatballs:|
|Cooked lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (cooked in broth)|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crumbled walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (plus extra for frying)|
|Small onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|White mushroom||6 Large, roughly chopped|
|Liquid amino/Tamari sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For arugula-lemon sauce:|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tahini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (from 1 lemon)|
- In a saucepan, sauté small onions and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, liquid amino, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes and continue sautéing.
- Once done, transfer the sautéed mixture to a large bowl and mix cooked brown rice, and crumbled walnuts to it.
- Transfer cooked lentils to a blender and blend the contents. Add the lentils to the mixture and mix well.
- Form balls and fry in oil as shown in the video.
- For the sauce, blend together arugula, basil, parsley, tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a blender.
- Serve the balls with sauce and enjoy!
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.05 mg0.02%
Sodium 140.4 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet