Delicious Broiled Hangar Steak with Blue Cheese Layered Potato Cake
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||4 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon (Heaping Tablespoons)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||2 Pound, sliced (0.125 To 0.25 Inch Thick)|
|Blue cheese||1⁄3 Pound, crumbled|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a plastic bag, thoroughly mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
3. Place hangar steak in the bag with the marinade mixture, and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, overnight is possible.
4. While the steak is marinating, heat butter on a large pot on medium heat until butter begins to bubble. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add flour and mix to form the roux.
5. Add the heavy cream and milk for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to get the lumps out. Add potato slices into the pot and mix until potatoes slices are all coated in the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the liquid slightly thickens, about 4-6 minutes.
6. Take pot off heat and add the cheeses. Transfer to a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish.
7. Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
8. During this time, take the steak out to reach room temperature.
9. When the potato cake is done, remove from oven and cool.
10. Switch oven to broil.
11. Lay the hangar steak on a foil lined cookie sheet and broil 5-7 minutes per side.
13. Take steak out and let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into and serving. Enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4300 Calories from Fat 2341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.9%
Saturated Fat 127.2 g636%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 675.2 mg225.1%
Sodium 3761.9 mg156.7%
Total Carbohydrates 315 g104.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g63%
Sugars 81 g
Protein 179 g357.6%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C 322%
Calcium 191.3% Iron 117.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet