|Chuck/Brisket / flank||4 Pound|
|Onions||6 , diced|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Gingersnaps||4 , crushed|
1) Take a Duct oven or heavy saucepan and brown meat in it over medium heat, turning constantly. Fat can be added if meat is lean.
2) Add onions and cook until brown.
3) Stir in water and salt.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
5) Add brown sugar, lemon juice and gingersnaps. Cook for another 10 minutes.
6) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
7) Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.