Bacon Chops with Rice Stuffing
|Bacon chops||4 (Thick Back Rashers)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Boiled rice||2 Ounce|
|Lettuce leaves||3 (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) Slice off the rind from the bacon chops. Keep the rinds aside.
3) Into a hot saucepan, add in the rinds. Cook for about 5 minutes.
4) Place the bacon chops on the grill. Cook the bacon on high heat for a few minutes till they brown slightly on both sides.
5) Turn down the grill temperature and continue to grill on both sides till the bacon cooks through. This should take an approximate grilling time of 15 minutes on the whole.
6) Take the chops off the grill. Keep warm.
7) To prepare the rice stuffing, squeeze the juice out of the orange.
8) Into the saucepan containing the bacon rind, add in the boiled rice, grated onion, chopped walnuts and raisins.
9) Add in the orange juice while heating the pan over a low flame.
10) Rinse and completely dry off the lettuce leaves.
11) To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on a shallow serving dish. Spoon the orange rice onto the dish.
12) Lay the grilled pork chops on top of the rice.
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 38.1 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 5% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet